Play Store Download Button vs Install Button

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that some apps have a Download button and others have an Install button while browsing apps on the Play Store app (not talking about the Play Store website). The outcome is the same and the app gets installed. But I'm just curious why the lack of consistency.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I never noticed a difference so I was curious. I went and checked about 50 different free apps at random and they all said Download unless I already had them installed.

Perhaps it's a holdover from the old version of the Market. Try clearing cache in the Play app. That might fix it.

Hope this helps.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, they say "download" if you've never downloaded that app before. They say "install" if you've ever downloaded that app before on that Google account.

Reactions: galfert

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this on apps that I've bought, but don't have on that current device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, they say "download" if you've never downloaded that app before. They say "install" if you've ever downloaded that app before on that Google account.

I think this is the right answer. The key being "on that Google account." Which means that if I had instaled it on another device it will then say Install rather than Download.

Thanks! This was driving me crazy.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Android Central Forums