Where are the installed apps from the Play Store found?

MotorMike2020

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
Since I received my Watch 6 Classic I have installed a few apps from the Google Play Store, but I cannot find anyplace on the play store where these apps are listed. In the Manage Apps screen all I see are the apps on my phone. Under the "Other Devices" tab I tap the watch, but nothing but recommended apps show up. The wear app has a store option, but nothing there either. How is one supposed to know if there is an update available for installed apps / watch faces?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I do this through the watch. Open the play store on your watch, scroll to the bottom where it says, "manage apps," then you'll see if you have any updates.

For some Wear OS apps, there's no companion app which gets installed on the phone, so they will only show (as far as I know) in the Wear OS version of the Play store. You can have it set up update apps automatically, but this feature seems to either lag and/or is buggy so I often go in and check.

MotorMike2020

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
I do this through the watch. Open the play store on your watch, scroll to the bottom where it says, "manage apps," then you'll see if you have any updates.

For some Wear OS apps, there's no companion app which gets installed on the phone, so they will only show (as far as I know) in the Wear OS version of the Play store. You can have it set up update apps automatically, but this feature seems to either lag and/or is buggy so I often go in and check.
Thank much for the info !
I tried it out this morning and found several apps that needed updating. Very cumbersome doing app stuff on the watch compared to having the capability to do all that on the phone. I think google and/or samsung has some work to do with this wearOS.