SD Card Help

conman1395

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been very familiar with Android for a while, but I've been a power user for about only a couple months. Since I've started using my phone more I've found that I need more space on my phone. My RAZR came with a 16GB microSD but it was crap and no matter what I do I haven't been able to get it to work. So I'm going to buy another one, but what I don't know is all the different types of microSD cards out there. I know there are different classes, and I know there's microSDHC and microSDXC and I don't know which is compatible with my phone. I also have heard you can do something like formatting the micrSDXC to work like a microSDHC. So if someone could explain all of this to me that would be great. Also any tips about what I can do to optimize my phone and the card would be appreciated.

Much thanks,
Conman

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I could be wrong, but microsdhc are memory cards upto 32 gb. microsdxc is 64 gb (and higher perhaps but 64 gb is the largest that I've seen)
officially most or all android phones support upto 32 gb microsd cards but Android Police had tested some 64 cards but I don't remember what. phone they used.
as for formatting an sdxc to make it compatible like a sdhc, I don't know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Swavek is correct. sdhc is for up to 32gb and sdxc is for higher capacity.

Sandisk has always been my memory of choice but patriot is starting to make some nice cards as well.

Most manufacturer's carry a 3 year warranty on microsd cards which entitles you to a free replacement.

And don't buy any memory cards off of ebay...it's like the golden rule of memory cards. Too many fakes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez