snyc issues

simbre

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
let me start by apologizing if this has been addressed. I looked around for similar posts but didn't see any.
I'm thinking of moving to the android world from BB. I need help from the Android world.
Questions:
1) snyc w/outlook. When I come into my office in the a.m. I plug my BB in and it automatically snycs my BB to my office calendar. In the afternoon I press one button to snyc again in the p.m before i leave the office. I then have an updated calendar on my BB that matches my office. Can i do the same with Android? Many steps involved? My office uses outlook express so I have to stay with outlook express.
I will not be using google mail, google calendar, I have no google account and will not be getting one.

2) email. I will not be setting up a google mail account. My office email address will not change. My home email address will not change. I have to keep using the same addresses. Can I setup my android to receive emails from my two email accounts?

3) How fast is the email exchange on the android? I love the "push" ability of BB. Will I be giving up time with android vs. my current "push" BB? How much? or rather how much slower is the android to receive email without the "push" technology?

again i apologize if this has been addressed previously. Thanks

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use google sync to sync my outlook calendar with my google calendar (only use to get my calendar on phone) and it syncs without being plug into computer. Not sure if express will do the same. It was very easy to set up and only takes a few minutes to go from outlook to my Incredible.

When I got my first Android phone I had no intentions in getting a gmail account but did after a day. I have 3 accounts and just forward them to the gmail to get push mail. I believe you can set your other non gmail accounts to sync every 10 minutes but I'm not positive.

You will love the Android world compared to BB, I have had the Tour and Storm and the Android OS is leaps above BB OS.

Welcome to AC :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024