Google Play seccurity and App auto download issue

Msungo

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I just got a new Android phone (Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3) on top of my two existing products.
(HTC Hero and Galxy Tab 10.1).

When I PowerOn the new device and walk through the initialization process I have two related issues.

1)
The minute I type in my Google account info (same as for the other two devices), the phone imediately starts downloading all the Apps I have on my Galaxy Tab using the 3G connection (I do not have a dataplan). The only way to stop it is to turn off mobile data and Wifi.
How can I avoid this happening?, I do not want to have all the Apps from my Tab on my phone.

2)
Likewise a lot of settings from the Tab is downloaded/restored to the phone too.
For instance the SSID and Passphrase for all the Wifi access points the Tab have been connected to, even the highly secure one for my employer.
I was not aware that thse were saved at Google at all. Likewise it seems that if people can break into my google account, then they can also get my secure network SSID/passphrases installed on their devices andget access to these networks.

To me this seems to be a severe security flaw. Our IT department was not even aware of this.
How do I get this stuff deleted from Google and avoid that such stuff is uploaded ever to Google.

I have tried to contact Google Play, but they do not respond, so I'm hopping that some of the users here my have some good suggestions.

Regards
/Henrik

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
1. This happened with my Prime. Everything came down from my phone. But, when my Prime came back from getting work done (it had been reset) it didn't happen. Maybe it's because it only does this sync once. Maybe if you connect to WiFi, let it do it's thing, then reset, it wont happen again. But, then again, I don't know what Asus did with my Prime because I don't think I had to enter in my Google Account on my Prime, but, it was definitely reset. Worst case, you connect to WiFi, let it push everything to your phone, and, then uninstall what you don't want.

After you have turned data off, and, back on, does it resume pushing everything to your phone?

If you don't pay for apps you could always consider getting a separate Google Account.

2. Really? Passwords? That seems strange. I don't remember it pushing any WiFi Connection information to my Prime when I got it. That's scary. I would definitely stay on top of Google if they are saving that information. Send them another email if you have to. If you get some information on this, make sure to come back and post it, I'd be curious to hear what they have to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez