iPad or Android Tablet?

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 64Gb iPad 2 and I really like it. I just recently switched from an iPhone 4 to a Samsung GS3 and I really like it as well.

I was wondering what the people here on AndroidCentral think about Android Tablets vs iPad. Has anyone used both? Know the pros and cons?

I could sell my iPad and probably buy two Nexus 7s lol. But I love my 64Gb of storage and the Nexus 7 is lacking in storage.

I would love to hear your experiences with Android Tablets and how you think they compare to the iPad.

Thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My main reason to stick with Android is Google's ecosystem..
I use gmail, google calendar,Google search,chrome for desktop and mobile,Music, movies, Android for mobile and tablet. They work perfectly for me. all under one username

Since you switch to GS3 you might as well try Nexus 7 but the main advantage with nexus 7 is its portability... if you need portability you should switch or else stick with ipad.

as far as the memory is concerned google drive and drop box solve the issue. I would still buy 16Gb one.

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a 64Gb iPad 2 and I really like it. I just recently switched from an iPhone 4 to a Samsung GS3 and I really like it as well.

I was wondering what the people here on AndroidCentral think about Android Tablets vs iPad. Has anyone used both? Know the pros and cons?

I could sell my iPad and probably buy two Nexus 7s lol. But I love my 64Gb of storage and the Nexus 7 is lacking in storage.

I would love to hear your experiences with Android Tablets and how you think they compare to the iPad.

Thanks

I just sold my iPad, after two years of trying to love the thing. Unfortunately, I could never get past three major problems with it:

1. The iPad was a beautiful piece of kit, saddled with a terrible OS. I mean, who ever heard of having to use your MUSIC software (iTunes) to add/delete files?

2. It's too big. I'm a pilot, and used it in the plane, but I could never figure out where to mount the darned thing. The N7 is the perfect size, and I have it RAM mounted on the yoke.

3. It was too expensive. Because it was so big, there was no way to carry it without putting it at risk. I just grew tired of worrying about the danged thing.

The Nexus, while not quite "disposable" at $240, at least won't bankrupt me if I drop it.

Then there was the whole proprietary charge cord issue. We've got four Android phones in our house, and having to find/carry that oddball Apple cord, at home and in our vehicles, grew into more of a pain than you might believe.

With the N7, we've always got a cord nearby.

So, I sold the iPad for $225 last week. Haven't missed it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you recomend your favorite Android Tablet plz.

So far I am most interested in the Nexus 7 and the Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1 & 7.1)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Totally recommend Nexus 7

if you need big size look for Asus transformer Infinity or the older model Asus transformer prime. Although prime has some hardware issues.. infinity has no hardware issues that i know off.

Again, i totally recommend Nexus 7

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Used my father's iPad, love the size and speed of my Samsung 7" 2. Android all the way.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Idk man it depends what you need it for.. Just reading books and playing games and downloading music... Android... But if you need actual tablet functions.. ipad is leaps and bounds ahead of android tabs. Apple has more to offer at this point... And yes I hate apple as a company... But real is real... If it's for business and you need efficiency and actual tablet apps ..ipad.. Entertainment and freedom.. Just watching movies and listening to music reading books.. Basically everything you can do on your phone with a bigger screen grab the most updated and most supported android tab.. I'll be getting a Nexus 7 soon

Sent from my GS3....

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 a well. I jail broke it and at this point is pretty much perfect. I use it for school a lot.

In terms of more laptop (for those in school or use it for business) like use I'd go with an iPad over an android. One iPad apps are basically way more stable and efficient than androids. 2 availability of accessories and such are way higher than androids.

Although I an interested in a couple of android tablets. Samsung galaxy note 10.1/ Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, the nexus 7, and transforms tablets by asus. I think the phone powered tablet dock by asus is simply brilliant. And it does seem like it would be easier for me to sync and mimic the things from my phone to my tablet.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If your iPad is doing what you need it to do now, I wouldn't bother switching, wait until you have a reason to replace it, then switch to an Android if you want. I love my Prime!! :D But, if you have a reason to get the 7 because it will fill some different niche and want to keep both, like you said earlier, then, go for it. Enjoy!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa