HCan't Uninstall Black Hole Live WP/ How to Uninstall Root Apps?

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm fairly new to Android OS, having gotten my first Tablet (ASUS TF101A w/ KB Dock) in December 2011, still learning and making mistakes. I've been in IT (hardware mostly) for a couple decades, but as I said, no Android experience.

First problem I'm asking for help on is I tried installing "Black Hole Live" wallpaper from the PlayStore, it failed to install BUT left some sort of remnants in the "Apps Listing" that will not allow being uninstalled. It shows as 00B on all "storage" and is "Disabled". Being from IT, I like things clean and tiddy. This remnant refuses to uninstall, I've even looked everywhere it could reside using ES File Explorer, nothing. HOW do I get rid of this stinker??

Second: I'm sure this has been covered before, but I have to ask again if not. There are Apps that are put on the device from the factory, buried somewhere in the OS, that aren't "free" apps after a ridiculously short "Trial Period". I want to remove them, they're using up storage space and I don't use them. One in particular with an absurd 7 day free trial is PRESS READER. I want it off! I downloaded an Uninstaller called "Root Uninstaller APK", but it shows nothing that any other Uninstaller does and Press Reader is not shown.

Can any of the experts out there direct me to a working Uninstaller that will work with Factory Apps and perhaps a short Tutorial on how to do this? I greatly appreciate the learning experience.

Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: HCan't Uninstall Black Hole Live WP/ How to Uninstall Root Ap

Hello, while I'm not a tablet owner Android is still Android.

Only way to remove factory installed bloatware/apps is by rooting the device. If the option isn't available in the manage apps listing for said application then rooting and manually deleting out the application or "apk" is the only way.

rjaffeux

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: HCan't Uninstall Black Hole Live WP/ How to Uninstall Root Ap

ok well how do you root and manually delete it. I have youtube on my phone. I don't and have no intention of EVER watching any on youtube but it takes of space I want back. since it says I'm low on memory.. But when I find it on the list it doesn't allow me to remove it. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa