SD card mountig issue....

magicstorm101

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
ok,soi checked the storage on my SD card one day and i accidentally pushed "unmount SD card." i quickly pushed "mount SD card,but all my data didnt return to the phone..i decided to unmount it again,physically take out the SD card, put it back in, and turn on the phone..the SD card automounts when theres an SD card inside,but i cant figure out how to get my data(basically all of my music and pictures) onto the phone.the card is mounted,but my data is "stuck" inside,and i see no opiton that allows me to retrieve my data from the card.any ideas?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying that the phone doesn't recognize the files on the SD card? If so, if you can see them on a PC, you could move them to a PC and format the card, then try moving them back to the SD card and they would probably be fine.

If you are just trying to move the files from the SD card to the phone, you should be able to do this with a file manager, or, probably easier with the phone plugged into a PC.

magicstorm101

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that the phone doesn't recognize the files on the SD card? If so, if you can see them on a PC, you could move them to a PC and format the card, then try moving them back to the SD card and they would probably be fine.

If you are just trying to move the files from the SD card to the phone, you should be able to do this with a file manager, or, probably easier with the phone plugged into a PC.
i tried with the file manager,but it says that theres nothing in the mounted SD card files.i might just try with the PC like you suggested.maybe that will work.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, managing the files with a PC will probably be easier and quicker. Good luck!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

magicstorm101

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't replied to this in months, but I'm having a new issue.my SD card was working well when I put it into a new phone. However, for some reason it stopped connecting to my phone. I never touched it, or unmounted it. It won't mount,and it says that it isn't in the phone. When I put a different card in, it will read, but the one I need won't. It just suddenly became unreadable to my new phone after a while. What can I do to fix it-or get my data out?

Sent from my SHARP-ADS1 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unmount the SD that doesn't seem to be working, remove it from the device, and insert it into a computer. If the computer can read it, copy everything over to the computer, then copy all of it onto a new SD card. SD cards can go bad, so it may be giving you warning signs that it's about to fail.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

magicstorm101

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Wait, I think its my phone that is the problem.its unmounting and remounting even the card that it came with....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the connection between the SD card and the contacts in the SD slot is messed up. Did the phone drop any time recently?

magicstorm101

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, a few minutes ago,it was just sitting in my lap. it shut off, suddenly,as if I had taken out the battery.I fiddled with the buttons until the screen turned on. Then it said my card was removed.I turned it off,waited for it to reboot,and it mounted the card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it the kind of SD slot where you push it in until it clicks, or where you just push it in until it's as far as it can go? I imagine the former is more secure, so if it's the latter, a loose connection is still a possibility.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Well, I'm out of ideas, sorry! If the unmount/remount problem is happening with any card, then the only other thing I can think of would be to do a factory reset, but of course that can be a hassle. I'll defer to someone smarter on this forum ...

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Has the phone shut off again since? If it has happened again, try leaving the SD card out and see if it shuts off. If it does, something is wrong with the phone. If that is the case, you'll want to do a factory reset and hope that fixes the problem. Or you could try uninstalling any apps you have installed recently.

Did you ever end up putting the card in a PC? That will be the easiest way to tell if something is wrong with the card or not.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

magicstorm101

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it does it lots of times. Id say at least once every two days. And no, I haven't put it into a pc yet, I haven't been able to get to a computer lately. I do think it might be the phone,since it rejects its own card now and then,and they're both new.I hope I don't have to do a factory reset....

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well you can always try leaving it out and see if you have the problem. Or when you get to a computer, see what happens. Let us know.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums