how to completely remove google from android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacarpenter

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I love how one guy joined specifically to revive this thread and troll. Great.

Fact is:
1) You need a Google ID for an Android device.
2) You need an Apple ID for an iOS device.
3) You need a Windows Live ID for Windows phones.

Most amazing thing I've ever seen -- it's like people really want slavery. Fact is: You do not need a Google ID for an android device.

I bought a phone, rooted, flashed a new ROM on WiFI. I used alternative App repositories in keeping with my goal to eliminate google.

After ROM flash, I did not reinstall Google Apps. Period. I do not have a Google account. The phone works fine and is my "daily driver" this month.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I love how one guy joined specifically to revive this thread and troll. Great.

Fact is:
1) You need a Google ID for an Android device.
2) You need an Apple ID for an iOS device.
3) You need a Windows Live ID for Windows phones.

Most amazing thing I've ever seen -- it's like people really want slavery. Fact is: You do not need a Google ID for an android device.

I bought a phone, rooted, flashed a new ROM on WiFI. I used alternative App repositories in keeping with my goal to eliminate google.

After ROM flash, I did not reinstall Google Apps. Period. I do not have a Google account. The phone works fine and is my "daily driver" this month.

Doesn't mean its not reporting back to base lol. But you have sniffed all that out right? :eek: there is more than meets the eye my son.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

jacarpenter

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't mean its not reporting back to base lol. But you have sniffed all that out right? :eek: there is more than meets the eye my son.

I've only been playing with android for a week. It's a very-large, multipart technology. If you have concrete facts and verifiable info, you have my complete and total attention.

I'm completely amazed at the groupthink I have encountered in some places. I think the people that did the Stanford experiment would be extremely interested in observing this field.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

This is definitely outside of my area of expertise, but if he/she is using the phone without a Google account, then even if it's "reporting back to the base" the most that could happen is to connect the data to the phones id (MEI # or whatever), but it couldn't be connected to the person. Right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
This is definitely outside of my area of expertise, but if he/she is using the phone without a Google account, then even if it's "reporting back to the base" the most that could happen is to connect the data to the phones id (MEI # or whatever), but it couldn't be connected to the person. Right?

True its only going to report what it can get but its still able to send some data back.

Remember the open handset alliance is comprised primarily of Google employees so even if you think its neutral its not. The closest I could see is using cm not aosp.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've only been playing with android for a week. It's a very-large, multipart technology. If you have concrete facts and verifiable info, you have my complete and total attention.

I'm completely amazed at the groupthink I have encountered in some places. I think the people that did the Stanford experiment would be extremely interested in observing this field.

I'm all for reasonable privacy, but don't you think you're taking this a bit too far? With as large of a programmer base there is for the Android OS, didn't it occur to you that someone would have voiced these major privacy concerns by now that you seem to think exist? Or do you think it's all a huge conspiracy by the thousands of independent programmers out there?

After only having a week with Android, you really don't have any credibility. What exactly are your concerns about privacy? Unless you live "off the grid" with no bank accounts, computers, phones, Facebook accounts, etc, you will always be able to be tracked. Worried about ID theft? There's babies that have had their's stolen and they have none of those. Spyware? If you only download from official markets, you have nothing to worry about sneaking onto your phone.

jacarpenter

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm all for reasonable privacy, but don't you think you're taking this a bit too far? With as large of a programmer base there is for the Android OS, didn't it occur to you that someone would have voiced these major privacy concerns by now that you seem to think exist? Or do you think it's all a huge conspiracy by the thousands of independent programmers out there?

After only having a week with Android, you really don't have any credibility. What exactly are your concerns about privacy? Unless you live "off the grid" with no bank accounts, computers, phones, Facebook accounts, etc, you will always be able to be tracked. Worried about ID theft? There's babies that have had their's stolen and they have none of those. Spyware? If you only download from official markets, you have nothing to worry about sneaking onto your phone.

Taking privacy too far? Honestly .... no.

Utilizing the "cloud" or allowing android apps unnecessary privileges would require a large quantity of trust and/or naivet?. Speaking of trust -- can you look someone in the face and tell them you trust our large corporations or government? I know I don't. But I've been around a while.

You talk about the large numbers of programmers out there and ask if I think it's a conspiracy. Look at it from this perspective. I have, several times now, mentioned that I was totally interested in concrete/verifiable info about spyware in Android. How many people in this thread are espousing the idea that this is fact and yet not one soul has come forward with objective info? Does it make you question your belief systems?

As far as credibility, I'm not concerned. I have a goal -- to separate Google from my phones. I'm asking for facts and stating what I know to be factual. If you think you can debunk what I have done, please do so. The facts will sort out themselves .... no?

I'm amazed that you think that apps from official suppositories are safe. I can look at the privileges being demanded by some apps and I absolutely know these programs were built by individuals with seriously evil intentions. I have aborted installing many, many apps based on their demands for unnecessary privileges. What some think is acceptable data-mining to me is totally unacceptable theft of private info. Or worse. Life is too damn short for dealing with parasites.

I believe that best-in-class apps that are 100% privacy oriented would achieve a wide following when people finally realize that we have alternatives to spyware-filled garbage.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just a suggestion, BUT...... although your project is interesting, your communication style lacks finesse. Maybe work more on presenting compelling arguments and less on insulting everyone who disagrees with you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Just a suggestion, BUT...... although your project is interesting, your communication style lacks finesse. Maybe work more on presenting compelling arguments and less on insulting everyone who disagrees with you.

I think everyone needs to agree to discuss and not argue, and to remember to give the benefit of the doubt when reading text.

I've seen comments that COULD be interpreted as insulting from both sides.

jacarpenter

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I think everyone needs to agree to discuss and not argue, and to remember to give the benefit of the doubt when reading text.

I've seen comments that COULD be interpreted as insulting from both sides.

Actually, I think I'm in the wrong forum. I did not come here to argue -- but to learn. But I find I don't fit the paradigm.

Sorry for the thread crash-n-burn folks. Won't be bothering you again .....

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I think I'm in the wrong forum. I did not come here to argue -- but to learn. But I find I don't fit the paradigm.

Ok. Good luck with your venture. It's been fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

See, you had to add the parting shot, didn't you?

siczek.p

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Intrigued not at the programming aspect here but the source of the ideology of uber privacy. I mean, no one is forcing you to click the ads google presents you. On top of that, isn't android only open source as long as you abide by the google rules? They still own android. Perhaps this is the greatest inside job every staged. Much like free chum bucket helmets when eating at the Chum Bucket operated by Plankton.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums until I get home from Italy and fire up my N4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez