Motorola XPRT - Gingerbread 2.3.5 Questions

rcentros

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi (by way of introduction),

I'm not much of a hacker. My first Android phone was a Motorola XPRT, liked it, but didn't like the iffy WiFi. Also did not like all the Sprint crap that was loaded on to it. So, when it was using Froyo 2.2.2, I was able to use SuperOneClick to root it, then used App Quarantine to freeze those obnoxious apps.

Recently I looked into moving to Page Plus Cellular, and bought a Droid Pro. Works well for my needs (I'm not a heavy talker and am mostly around WiFi so 3G doesn't matter much). The Droid Pro came with Gingerbread 2.3.4 and worked well on WiFi. I've never rooted that phone because it doesn't seem to have as many obnoxious apps. But it definitely made me want to get Gingerbread on the XPRT. Which was done today.

I upgraded successfully without removing SuperUser or App Quarantine (though I did unfreeze the apps before the upgrade). I thought at first I still had root privileges but soon found it was just going through the motions. By Googling I understand that, as of yet, there really is no easy way to root a Motorola XPRT with Gingerbread 2.3.5. I can live with it, the improvement in WiFi is a greater benefit then the return of the obnoxious apps is a detriment.

So, finally, my question. Can I simply remove SuperUser, App Quarantine, and Temp Root Remover -- or will that leave crap on the phone that I won't be able to get rid of if I remove the apps? I'm afraid to use SuperOneClick to unroot because of the change in versions. For now I would just like to get back to stock. Hopefully, now that the Sprint XPRT is at Gingerbread 2.3.5 we might get an updated SuperOneClick (or something similar) for these phones. But if not, I'm happy with the upgrade. Just would like to get the leftover apps from the root cleaned up for now.

Thanks for any information.

Last edited: