iPhones going bye-bye on Thursday - couple quick questions...

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So we're jumping back to VZW and getting Droid X's this Thursday.

I'm selling both my wife's and my iPhones - but having never owned a GSM phone (or iPhone) before I have a couple quick questions.

1) Can I still use iTunes to "restore" the iPhones and wipe everything off them once our numbers are ported over to VZW - or should I do the "restore" thing first? Should I uncheck all the various sync options in iTunes before doing so or will restore just nuke it all and not try to re-sync?
2) Should I remove the SIM card before or after I do the "restore"?
3) Do I have to return the SIM card to ATT - or just toss it out?
4) I'm assuming "if" I get my wife and I iPads later we'll be able to put all our apps we paid for on them from our iTunes accounts? Anyone know?
5) Is there anything else I should be doing with our iPhones before I sell them to make sure all personal data is off them?

I'd have asked over on the iPhone forums but I'm guessing I'd not get such a great reception with this post. :)

Thanks!

tobearms

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You would probably get better answers in the iPhone forum. Those guys are the experts on that stuff. I'd say to come back here Thursday after you get your X. I have found TONS of useful information in these forums as I, too, am leaving those "fruits" for an Android device ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress