1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to remove DRM from iTunes music so it can be uploaded to Google Play Music?

So I currently have an iPhone 4S and I am probably going to get a Galaxy Note 2 when it comes out for Verizon. In order to prepare for this, I set up Google Play Music to upload my music so it can be ready for me when I get my new phone (I like it better than Samsung's default music player). Only one problem: protected AAC files (or DRM) can't be transferred to Play Music. I tried converting my music with 2 different DRM converters, but they were free trials, and it only would convert 1:00 of each song and then stop. Is there any free way to convert each protected song completely, along with protected videos? Also, does music on Play Music eat up an Android device's space? I have over 12 GB of music and movies and I don't want to have barely any any space left on a 16 GB device if a 32 or 64 GB ever comes out, minus the SD card.

Default Re: How to remove DRM from iTunes music so it can be uploaded to Google Play Music?

I heard that iTunes no longer has DRM on new downloads, and offers a service to re-download or convert them (not sure which, I don't use it and heard about this second hand). It's something like $20 to do it and I don't think there is a track limit. Plus, it's legal. Doing it by third party converters usually isn't legal.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How to remove DRM from iTunes music so it can be uploaded to Google Play Music?

Never mind, I used Requiem 4.0, which is free, but it's on the "dark Internet" (man, there's some strange stuff there). All I'll need is a Sandisk 64gb SD card and a USB SD card reader to transfer my videos and I should be good to go. The rest of my library is being synced now.
    Thanked by: