yv trace2.trace

cajunrph

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Hello,
I have a question. This morning I found this program downloaded to my phone last night while I was asleep. The program is yv.trace2.trace. I did a google search but found nothing about it. During the night my soon to be ex wife took my phone and deleted pictures on the phone. I'm thinking she put this program on my phone. I can see it when I have it connected to the computer, I haven't tried to delete it just yet. She is not very phone smart to do much so I didn't think about protecting my phone. I would do a complete wipe of the phone but I'm trying to recover the pics she deleted. This program is in the phones internal memory as were the deleted pictures. Has anyone heard of this program? Can I delete it without any ill effects on my phone? Any help is much appreciated. Also is there an easy way to recover deleted pics from a Samsung GS3 internal memory. Running 4.0.

Thanks

John

Corne Pretorius

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Polaris came standard with the tab, but the file only showed up later. Not rooted or running cyanogenmod. My Note's rooted running jb and file is not there...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
We can't read that if we don't have a LinkedIn account. Any other source?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

wwjdpilot

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
From the linkedin source...

Martin B.
CEO at CorrScan Corporation

Hello again all. My suspicion was correct. After emailing YouVersion support and going back and forth a few times in email with "Doreen" - I received the following response:
"The yv-trace2.trace file is a temporary file that tracks the log information and once the app requests a log file, it exports it into helplog.txt. This temporary file keeps track of what the app is doing."
I agree - I think the file's name including the word "trace" is not a good choice for an app that is to be distributed on a cell phone. Some folks may get touchy after finding such a file's name on their mobile... At least we know it is directly related to YouVersion's Bible App.