Question How to recover deleted data from android smartphone?

Douglas MacEvoy

Nov 28, 2023
Visit site
Today, there are many programs for data recovery from various media (memory cards, flash drives, hard drives, etc.)
Therefore, it is clear that restoring the data that was saved by the smartphone on the memory card is not difficult.
But what about the data stored in the internal memory of an Android smartphone? How to restore them if necessary?
Playmarket has many data recovery tools. Will they actually recover the data if necessary? Or there any similar PC tools to recover smartphone data?
How to recover deleted data from android smartphone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Recovery of deleted files on internal storage typically requires rooting, so you can try that if possible on your phone. There's never a guarantee that those files can be recovered, though, since the storage is constantly being overwritten during normal usage.

Many Android devices these days also have a file manager with a Trash section where your deleted files go temporarily for about 30 days and can be restored if needed. But after that 30 day period, the file gets deleted forever.

Reactions: Douglas MacEvoy

Douglas MacEvoy

Nov 28, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Recovery of deleted files on internal storage typically requires rooting, so you can try that if possible on your phone. There's never a guarantee that those files can be recovered, though, since the storage is constantly being overwritten during normal usage.

Many Android devices these days also have a file manager with a Trash section where your deleted files go temporarily for about 30 days and can be restored if needed. But after that 30 day period, the file gets deleted forever.
I understand. And what can you say about RecycleBin-programs for Android?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I generally agree with you.
Regarding backing up your data, you're right too, but let's be honest, no one usually does it….
Welcome to AC!
That's not true, lot of manufacturer's have cloud back up automatically and lot of users have transferred to New phone with these options or factory reset because of an issue using it .

Douglas MacEvoy

Nov 28, 2023
Visit site
You convinced me. Looks like I was actually wrong about using data backup on android devices.

But, if you do not take into account the obligation of backup copies, what about programs for restoring data from smartphones (such as: Dr.Fone for Android, Android Data Recovery, etc.) ? Can they really work so well?