Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default factory data reset on a rooted android with some system applications removed

Hello,
    I rooted my phone to uninstall some bloatware system apps several months ago. Now, I need to perform a factory data reset just to remove the Google account associated with it. Is it safe to do so or will I lose any further system apps or worse, brick my phone? I have the apk's of the system apps that I removed, but for some reason I am not able to restore/install all of them. I used ES File Explorer back then to remove those apps. [My phone is Samsung GT-I5801 running Android 2.2]
    Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Default Re: factory data reset on a rooted android with some system applications removed

If your phone functions now without them it should function fine when you factory reset. You can always download and re-flash the stock firmware if you are worried, depending on your model.
    nishs13 likes this.

Default Re: factory data reset on a rooted android with some system applications removed

If all you need to do is remove the Google account, I think there was a euro around posted on these forums not long ago so you don't have to factory reset. I don't remember the directions to post again, but try searching around here or on Google.