[Q] Move Apps To SD, CM10.1

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,,

As the title says, I'm looking for a way (ANY WAY) to move apps or at least their data to SD card on cyanogenmod 10.1 and to be specific on a samsung galaxy note 2 ..

I have tried DirectoryBind but it seems to be not working on CM10.1 (it works on touchwiz perfectly)

Also I tried swapping memories (internal to external and vice versa) , it worked but installing apps from external sources will not work, or apps in /storage/emulated/0/... Will not be able to installed , but if they are on /storage/sdcard1 they will be able to be installed.. That still a problem ..

So any way of moving apps to SD on CM10.1 ?

Please help me, I have tried EVERYTHING that I have found and non work.. I love cyanogenmod 10.1 and stock 4.2.1 but that's the only thing I'm looking for..

Note: I 100% that Google has removed that feature.. That's why I'm asking for alternatives..

Help me :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Why this is so hard to answer? :/
Because no one is running CM 10 on a Note 2 and no one wants to give you an answer that may not be applicable to your situation?

I'm guessing that CM 10 allows SD-as-internal (7 did), so format a 1GB ext4 partition on the SD card and reinstall CM. (There's no reason that you can't use even more, but CM 7 blew up with 2GB, so 10 might not work with more than 1GB either.) That should give you 1GB of "internal" memory, which should be enough for anyone. (I'm a software junky and haven't gotten close to running out of space.)

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Because no one is running CM 10 on a Note 2 and no one wants to give you an answer that may not be applicable to your situation?

I'm guessing that CM 10 allows SD-as-internal (7 did), so format a 1GB ext4 partition on the SD card and reinstall CM. (There's no reason that you can't use even more, but CM 7 blew up with 2GB, so 10 might not work with more than 1GB either.) That should give you 1GB of "internal" memory, which should be enough for anyone. (I'm a software junky and haven't gotten close to running out of space.)

CyanogenMod 10 had swapping script and they used to work properly..
But in CyanogenMod 10.1 there is a way to swap them but when you try for example install an app that is located in /storage/emulated/0 , it simply tells you app was not installed.. It seems to be having an issue with directories.. That what I was looking for..

CM10 is JB 4.0/4.1
CM10.1 is JB 4.2.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer