Newbie needs help please!

teresahenson

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I am not only new to here, I am new to having a tablet. I have a ViewSonic G Tablet that I bought and the person who sold it to me removed some stuff/aps and left parts of others. In trying to update and restore it, I somehow managed to get it stuck. I've heard others have had the same problem, so hopefully there is a fix that isn't toooooooo complicated. I think it has cyanogenmod. I would like to get it restored to factory so I can start fresh and speed it up. Now, whenever I turn it on, I just get the 3 birds page with the upper left corner stating "booting recovery kernel image" but even leaving it for hours, it just stays there. Won't let me do anything but turn it off and on. I tried figuring it out on sites, but all that I found were a couple years old and many of the links didn't work. I tried the +vol and power switch to get to recovery, but no luck. I opened it and pressed the reset button. Didn't think to unhook the battery while it was open to try pushing buttons. I tried to nvflash it through my laptop but don't think I had the right downloads because it doesn't recognize my "device" and I'm getting frustrated. I am hoping that since it seems all the other posts I've seen on this are so old, that someone has figured out a way to fix this problem. I bought 2 of these g tabs, one for me and one for my Mom, and hers runs like a charm, luckily. Is there a way to use it to fix mine? Please, please, PLEASE help me someone! :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87