How do people play games without murdering their battery?

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
There are tons of good mobile games out there. But I'm always afraid to download them, because I know as soon as i start playing, I can kiss my battery goodbye for the day. I just downloaded zombiewood and gears and guts on my nexus 7 today. Both seem like good games, but after a short time of playing, my battery was hurting. How do people do this on their phones without having them die in an hour or two?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
There are tons of good mobile games out there. But I'm always afraid to download them, because I know as soon as i start playing, I can kiss my battery goodbye for the day. I just downloaded zombiewood and gears and guts on my nexus 7 today. Both seem like good games, but after a short time of playing, my battery was hurting. How do people do this on their phones without having them die in an hour or two?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Well... If it's an online game then playing on wifi will extend your battery life compared to 4G or LTE. If it's strictly on your phone there's nothing you can do except plug your device in to a power outlet and charge it once the battery starts getting low.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could always carry around a portable external battery for emergency recharging. Also, turn the display brightness down as much as you can tolerate. But in any case, high quality games usually require a lot of CPU and GPU power to work, and that means battery drain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and turn off wifi if you don't need it while playing. Some games do require an internet connection when you first start them up, to confirm the license. But then afterwards, you can toggle the wifi off.