iOS to Android; how could I transfer my bookmarks with some apps?

Kha_liD

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody;
I'm into shifting to android world for the first time, and have never experienced the work or use of any android device. Now that i'm going to use an Android smart-device, I know that I have to re-purchase all the apps I had purchased on my iPhone. i'm just concerned about the bookmarks I have on my current iPhone apps, particularly the ones I have in my LDOCE app (Longman Dictionary of contemporary English). If I bought Galaxy S4, how could I transfer all the bookmarks? Also, is there any way to sync the accounts I have for the apps i'm going to purchase?
thanks

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
It's a question that can't really be answered without knowing all the apps you use, but in general...
If the app uses a cloud account to allow syncing then it should sync to Android too
If the app allows export/import then it should do it cross platform
That said the s4 should make it as easy as possible since it comes with a pc suite especially for transferring data from other devices.

Before you do this however I would check play.google.com to make sure the apps you are hooked on are there (or there is at least an equivalent that you like the look of)

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd try installing Chrome Browser on either your phone or computer and importing them into Chrome. I use it now because bookmarks are shared between PC and Phone. Easily share pages by installing an app called Pocket on your phone and create a Pocket extension in Chrome on your computer and an icon on your phones screen. Is pretty cool.

Sent using the amazing RAZR Maxx HD

Kha_liD

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
well .. I didn't mean the bookmarks of the web browser. I meant particular bookmarks; the bookmarks of the app I mentioned above. I'm planning to purchase that app again when I get the new Galaxy S4, and I got piles of bookmarks in my current LDOCE (in my iPhone), that I really don't want to lose.

Kha_liD

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for responding Baker
- There's an option of syncing the bookmarks of LDOCE app to iCloud. I've never had any android device,, I don't know if I could connect an android phone to my iCloud account.
- I've just checked the app. There's an option of (Export & mail). But the import feature shown is only from iCloud and labeled as "iCloud Restore".

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for responding Baker
- There's an option of syncing the bookmarks of LDOCE app to iCloud. I've never had any android device,, I don't know if I could connect an android phone to my iCloud account.
- I've just checked the app. There's an option of (Export & mail). But the import feature shown is only from iCloud and labeled as "iCloud Restore".
I would find the app in the Play Store and email the developer directly.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty