Reply All?

trailracer618

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Considering an Android phone for my wife. Does ICS or Jelly Bean have the ability to reply all to a group text? Meaning everyone in the group can see who the message was sent to and can also reply all? As in the way you can on iPhone or Blackberry. I have friends who have the Galaxy SII and they cannot reply all to group messages. I'm pretty sure they are running Gingerbread software. Does ICS or JB allow this? I don't want friends to have to download an app or anything to do this and I don't wan't her messages coming from another number than hers.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Considering an Android phone for my wife. Does ICS or Jelly Bean have the ability to reply all to a group text? Meaning everyone in the group can see who the message was sent to and can also reply all? As in the way you can on iPhone or Blackberry. I have friends who have the Galaxy SII and they cannot reply all to group messages. I'm pretty sure they are running Gingerbread software. Does ICS or JB allow this? I don't want friends to have to download an app or anything to do this and I don't wan't her messages coming from another number than hers.

I think official support for this was added in 4.2.2 (maybe 4.2.1?) but then you're getting a Nexus 4.