Help finding alarm clock I can be happy with

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I should start by explaining that I just recently made the switch to Android when I purchased a Galaxy S3 to replace my Palm Pre Plus. When I was still on webOS I used an app named Timepiece by ZeroPointSoftware as my every day bedside alarm clock. The thing that I liked the most about that app was that every alarm created had a toggle for recurring. If the toggle wasn't set then you could select a date as well as a time for the alarm to go off. The advantage to that was that you could create future alarms for something that is more the 6 days in the future. The benefit to that is to set an alarm to ensure that I wake up in time for a future event. The app also displayed the name of the next alarm that will occur along with the date and time it is set for on the main clock screen. This way when looking at the main clock screen you know what the next alarm is for not just when it is scheduled for. Does anyone know of an Alarm app for Android that can do the same things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use Alarm Clock Xtreme and it works pretty well. It doesn't let you set a custom date (best option is an alarm that repeats only on a certain day), but does has a label option. What I love about it is the versatile snooze and dismissal options. For example, I only let it snooze once and then it forces me to fully dismiss it. To dismiss, I have to solve a math problem that can be set to various difficulties to make sure I don't accidently turn it off and am fully awake.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I use Alarm Clock Xtreme and it works pretty well. It doesn't let you set a custom date (best option is an alarm that repeats only on a certain day), but does has a label option. What I love about it is the versatile snooze and dismissal options. For example, I only let it snooze once and then it forces me to fully dismiss it. To dismiss, I have to solve a math problem that can be set to various difficulties to make sure I don't accidently turn it off and am fully awake.

Tried that one and didn't like it. The date picker is a pretty important feature for the way I schedule alarms. Setting an alarm for only a certain day of the week will only allow you to schedule an alarm for 6 days in advance of current day at most and last thing I want to be doing when trying to shut off an alarm before it wakes up the wife is a math problem. Another feature that my previous TimePiece on the Palm Pre had was that after you hit snooze there was still a dismiss area on the screen so if you decided to get up before the snooze interval was over you could kill the alarm and not have it go off again.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for telling me about this. Downloaded and tried it, but reMind has the settings for setting an alarm (reminder), but it isn't a full-fledged alarm clock that I would want to use as my bedside alarm clock. Also, the alarms are more of a reminder like you would get from the calendar. Would be nice if some of the alarm clock apps would employ this apps picker method for setting alarms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia