Push Email, Pull, K9 and Yahoo

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My email is thru Yahoo. Not paid, so I cant use push on my HTC One without using Yahoo Mail App OR MailDroid or some other app

I was not crazy about the interface of MailDroid.

Are there ones that are a lot better than the ones mentioned.

Yahoo is not bad...but I know a lot of us are petty...LOL I prefer my own sounds and the app only picks up the sounds of the phone plus the 2 from Yahoo
I have my sounds organized appropriately Media/Audio/ Ringtones, Alarms, Music, and Notifications. All other apps i.e. messages, sounds, default email see the tones fine

Can someone help me to make Yahoo Mail App see them OR recommend another Push Email App

I was speaking to a HTC Rep and he was saying that if I am pulling anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 minute, it would do my battery better to use a push app. any longer than 15 minutes pulling I could use a pull app. Would you all agree?

Thanks

ogrfnkl

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the only apps that are able to get push email from Yahoo are Maildroid and Yahoo's own app. Maildroid has an ugly and clunky interface, and the Yahoo Mail app is so limited as to be virtually unusable. Other apps' developers (such as K9, for example) apparently couldn't care less about Yahoo users. I've had a thread up on the K9 developers' board for almost a year, and all that's produced is a couple of snarky replies from developers and some empathetic moaning from other Yahoo users. So, it looks like, for the foreseeable future, the options are: Maildroid, YahooMail app, polling or switching to Gmail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38