Samsung Galaxy S4 SD Card Issue

Quinnaay

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my S4 yesterday and i have a 32gb card which didnt work properly because on my phone i couldnt create or move anything to the card. So i formatted it and everything worked but then a couple of hours later some of my photos well most are gret and unable to load im 90% sure this is the memory card any ideas how to fix this? or is it the memory card itself music seems fine though. Interestingly enough i have just gone and looked at the SD card on my computer and some of the photo names have changed wierd, some photos arent loading on my computer anymore and it seems many photos have become corrupt?

bamedeo

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
If you check the forums here, there are multiple posts about SanDisk memory cards not being reliable in Samsung devices. It appears that it may live on in the S4.

I have been using Samsung cards in my Samsung devices for a few years now and have not had the issue. These include Galaxy S2, S3, S4 (now), Note and Note 2 and a Galaxy Note 10.1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I am using a 64 mb Samsung branded card and the phone doesn't see it. I don't think the brand matters.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I am using a 64 mb Samsung branded card and the phone doesn't see it. I don't think the brand matters.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm not sure if its that the pins in the card reader aren't making good contact (business card trick?) or some other issue. What would be interesting to see is if someone that has a card that's not being recognized had an OTG cable and a card reader...see if the phone sees the card then when connected to the external card reader. That would tell us whether or not it was the mSD card or the card reader.

Note 8.0

clandin07

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
so what sd card should we get in order to work with the Galaxy s4? because i can't save anything, after a couple of day it will crash and a lot of ppl have the same problem! which brand will work just fine and if the the size of the card is an issue or if it happen because is 64GB?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
so what sd card should we get in order to work with the Galaxy s4? because i can't save anything, after a couple of day it will crash and a lot of ppl have the same problem! which brand will work just fine and if the the size of the card is an issue or if it happen because is 64GB?

I haven't had any problems with my SanDisk Extreme.

from my Sony XTZ

Stlouis92

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, I haven't had any issue with my SanDisk 64GB on my Galaxy S2... and the same card in the S4 does not work. We know who is to be incriminated.

But since the solution is not coming any time soon apparently, another way to look at it could be to find who do not have any issue on their S4s, and what cards are they using ?

ChronoTjai

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I just got my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-l9505 and updated to android version 4.2.2. I am suffering like how you guys are with this "Unable to read SD Card" or "SD Card is removed" problem (welcome to the club?). I also own a tablet, Asus TF300; android version 4.1.1. There are no any problem with reading or whatsoever, it works fine on my tablet.

After some research on other forums, I am highly convinced that this problem is

1) due to this current version of android; 4.2.2. (most likely)

or

2) due to manufacturing fault of samsung S4 that leads to having problems with SD cards; especially 32/64 GB

Edit: I'm currently trying with a old 8GB SD card. I will update how it goes.

I guess I'll follow this forum and topic awhile.

Cheers,

Kelvin

Last edited:

ChronoTjai

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Correct. I am currently using a old 8GB SD card for a day without any problems. I am going to test a 16 GB card very soon. Will keep you guys up to date.

Last edited:

MaxGunner

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, reading this thread has made me seriously consider buying the 32GB version of the S4 and adding no SD card. Crappy solution, but I do NOT want to go through what you folks have...

MG

ChronoTjai

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
A little update. Third day using my 8GB SD card without problems. My 16 GB SD card is on the way. Btw I also tested the 64 GB card with a Samsung Mega android version 4.2.2. and the problems still remain. But after a format with the Samsung Mega, it worked fine until now. Well I will keep you guys updated how it goes.

Edit: Second day after putting some pictures with the Mega, the problems came again.

Cheers

Last edited: