sound problem after update, PLEASE HELP!

psysergic

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have htc desire x, i got this phone 4 days ago... I loved the sound in my music player, its just so loud and thats really important to me!
But today i got a new update notification and i decided to update it. To be precise its update: 2.20.401.5.
So after this update everything is just wrong. The main problem is beats audio now doesn't work when playing music without headphones. The sound is terrible. Also the main music player is really messed up... i click on one song and it starts the other one. I have beats audio option to turn off and on now in the settings, which i didnt have before. And i can only turn it on with heaphones plugged in. Before this update the sound was very good and loud and now it's just sad :(
I was searching the internet for 2 hours now and i usually found the solution that way... but not this time. So this is my last option now to ask here. I hope you can give me some good advice.
I already tried factory reset and it did nothing. The software version is still the same. I wish i could somehow go back to the old version or install a complete new one. Im never updating again -.-

neebi007

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Try a different player from market.
As for going back to old version. You can't if you don't have the back up. other option is delete the update accessing through managing apps, see if you revert back or uninstall update.

:*:N33b1:*:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to the phone's main System Settings and see if there are any new audio settings after the update that you need to adjust, or if there are any older settings that have been returned to a prior default. I'm not familiar with your phone, but perhaps Beats Audio got turned off by default after the update?

psysergic

May 11, 2013
Visit site
There is less settings for the sound then before. I can't believe they would turn beats audio off on purpose, it has to be a bug... i actually bought this phone because of good sound. And trying a new player wont save a thing. Beats audio still wouldn't work.
Now tell me, Is it possible to download a new update on my comupter and then install it on the phone to overwrite the old one? and where do i get such update?