Disabling Notifications over Bluetooth

raiderleaf

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I have a Motorola Edge+ 2023 - but my question is purely Android related.

Is there a way to disable notification sounds over Bluetooth in Android 13? The Samsung folks have unique options to do this that stock Android doesn't, but I can't find an app to achieve this.

It sucks big time when you're cranking music and it cuts out so play the notification sound.

Any ideas?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this through headphones or a speaker or car? If it's through headphones and they have a specific app, there may be a setting there that overrides the system state for notifications. Can't remember if Android Auto has something similar...

raiderleaf

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Is this through headphones or a speaker or car? If it's through headphones and they have a specific app, there may be a setting there that overrides the system state for notifications. Can't remember if Android Auto has something similar...

Going through headphones or the car speakers. Happens for any Bluetooth audio connection.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Kinda stumped on this one... Mine mutes notifications if my phone is on Silent (except on Android Auto). What about Do Not Disturb?

raiderleaf

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Kinda stumped on this one... Mine mutes notifications if my phone is on Silent (except on Android Auto). What about Do Not Disturb?

DND makes it so the phone won't vibrate or make any tone at all. So that's not good either.

I just need to route the notifications to come out of the phone instead of thru Bluetooth. There has to be a way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos