Anyone having location problem on their HTC One?

Michael Tanri

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Recently i got an On The Air Update for my HTC One, and i also updated my maps, google search too. On google now it will always show this card which say say to turn on my location services but i already turn it on. Is anyone having the same problem as me on their HTC One? Sorry if i didn't explain it in more details.

jmhanna75

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue. Can't seem to find a solution. I am on Sprint and have the latest update. Can't use Google Now because of it.

Anyone else?

Jermaine Ho

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, me too. Anyone got any updates from HTC or something? I emailed them and they haven't replied. Sucks not being able to plan my route indoors.

edit: I forgot to mention that it doesn't work with GMaps as well. Basically you need to be outdoors with GPS on in order to get a fix on location. Even though location services is on.

jmhanna75

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I haven't emailed them yet but I will today. We have got to make sure they are aware of it we can get a fix.

If anyone else is experiencing the same issue or anything similar please post it here so we can dome help with this.

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Tia17

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem as described here:
Since today the home screen of my HTC one displays "My location" and the weather app displays a message "Cannot get your current location".
I checked the location menu in the settings, everything is activated.
I tried to reboot twice: fast boot and with the fast boot option unchecked, it did not solve the problem.
:(

JMK3rd

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
same problem here with my One. I've tried everything recommended and still cannot get the location to report correctly. This also happened after the last update.

Jermaine Ho

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Apparently, one of my friends mentioned that this happened after the OTA update; and that he could use it without problems previously. Emailed HTC, got a useless reply so I emailed them again linking to this thread.

Elliotjrg

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Yep same problem with my HTC one. For about 3 days my current location in the weather app was 'stuck' on some place called Bucketty (never been there before) and now today it just says "Current location" also google now (long hold home button) thinks my location service is turned off when everything is on. Google maps will only get my location if I have GPS enabled. I really hope they fix this soon...

EDIT: Done some searching and found this thread. Google Groups
Looks like its on googles end and they are aware of it.

Last edited:

jmhanna75

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting. Sent an email to HTC not sure who who's problem it is Google or HTC. I have pointed them to this forum in hopes we can get a fix sooner than later.

Posted via Android Central App

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I ve done a factory reset, i got my phone yesterday only already updated. I only updated google now and maps I guess that is the issue because before update everything was tip top. Anyway factory reset only fixed weather location issue, but google now doesnt show any navigational cards where as before update I had a card saying to work and to home.

UPDATE:
Guys I also found this: when you go to settings then google settings -->maps and lattitute---> location reporting if it is not enabled switch it on. I did that just now and everything started to work like a charm.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, Omegis. If anyone receives the update and the issue is resolved please let us know so people having similar problems can be aware that a fix is coming.

beiting

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Seems to work! My HTC One was always showing "My Location" instead of Cincinnati -- and Facebook would never find my location. Both work perfectly.

I'd suggest installing then rebooting just to make sure the new location services start.

gblakeway_11

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Just opened settings/apps/Google play services/ uninstalled all updates. I then opened the play store which promptly told me I had to install an update to Google Play. Update installed, phone restarted and all is now well. Location services working normally.

Woolfolk

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Just opened settings/apps/Google play services/ uninstalled all updates. I then opened the play store which promptly told me I had to install an update to Google Play. Update installed, phone restarted and all is now well. Location services working normally.

Thanks very much for this. I had submitted a ticket to HTC support and was told that it would probably resolve when I got Google Play 4.1.10, but I waited several days and didn't get that pushed to me. Forcing the update in this way resolved the issue for me, too.