Google Calendar app and notification light?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Previously, I was just using the stock calendar app on my GNex (whatever would come with the gapps package from 3/1), but I noticed the Play Store version got updated, and my stock one couldn't "update" to that version for whatever reason. So, I installed the one from the Play Store and disabled the stock app.

I always let any calendar events leave a notification in my notification pull down menu, because it's a good easy reminder that I have something to do in the near future (so I don't forget, duh). But with this new Play Store version, if I leave the item in my notification bar, when my screen is off, the notification LED constantly blinks white. It never did this on the stock version. I want it to stop doing that, but I can't find anything in the settings of the app specifically related to the LED. I just see the option to turn notifications on or off, but I want to keep the actual notification in my pull down bar. Is that possible, or no?

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
turn off the setting and see what happens. it sounds like its the light. the calendar notification should be different and will still show up

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
turn off the setting and see what happens. it sounds like its the light. the calendar notification should be different and will still show up

Nah, if uncheck the settings for notifications, it removes the item from my notification pull down completely (which does stop the light from blinking when the screen is off, but it also removes the notification).

gs001

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
This has been bugging me also. I found a workaround to turn off the light (LED notification) without removing notifications from the status bar. It only works if your ROM is Cyanogenmod.

1. in settings, enable profiles
2. double check your calendar is in the Calendar app profile
3. set the profile that you use (for me - default), under application Groups > Calendar > Lights mode to OFF.

You're done.

NOTE - if you've installed a Calendar update (aka. google calendar) from Play, you might need to uninstall the system calendar app first - use Titanium Backup for that.

I hope that helps someone in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress