Google now is replacing apps and I love it!

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Google Now has replaced the basic "ToDo" list for me.
I can say "next time I'm at Target, remind me to get laundry detergent" and bingo, the next time I go to my local Target a reminder pops up! You can make it more generic also by saying "next time I'm in Woodbury, remind me to pick up my wife's gift" and the next time I drive through Woodbury, another reminder.
I also use it by saying things like, "in two weeks remind me to xx" or "on June 15th at 2pm remind me to xx".
I absolutely love it!
Great work Google! I hope Now continues to grow!

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
it is so awesome. i have good working phones without jellybean that i can now never imagine using only because of now.

i trust google. i hope they keep fighting for our privacy because i gave mine up with now. its so helpful

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm using this functionality a lot now. I love it.

Posted via Android Central App

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Google has always been unafraid to post side-by-side tests of their voice command systems against Apples, Siri and Now included. Google always wins by a landslide. You should convert your wife!

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Google has always been unafraid to post side-by-side tests of their voice command systems against Apples, Siri and Now included. Google always wins by a landslide. You should convert your wife!

She's hopeless. She loves my One X but she's chicken to leave what she's been using since 2007!

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
How easy it it to get a list of reminders for any one location? Say you want it to tell you all the things that you've asked it to remind you to get when you go to Target, can you bring up a text version, get it to tell you all of them or do you just have to root through your reminders?

I've already automated my "to do" list like that using other apps but I'd like to hear how the Google version works.

I use the "in 15 minutes remind me to.." and "at 5 o'clock, remind me to..." type reminders already and they're great.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
She's hopeless. She loves my One X but she's chicken to leave what she's been using since 2007!

Change is good my friend. Opens the eyes to a new world of awesomeness.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
How easy it it to get a list of reminders for any one location? Say you want it to tell you all the things that you've asked it to remind you to get when you go to Target, can you bring up a text version, get it to tell you all of them or do you just have to root through your reminders?

I think you'll still have to use a separate list for those things. It's not quite that advanced yet. It's just good for quick and easy reminders.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I think you'll still have to use a separate list for those things. It's not quite that advanced yet. It's just good for quick and easy reminders.

Either way it's a pretty awesome use of the voice features combined with Now. Even with my lists I can see where it would be extremely useful.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Once you set a reminder you can view it but not edit or modify it into a formal list, like Keep.

Google Now > menu > settings > my stuff > reminders

It would be cool to create a list straight from Google Now into Keep or be able to edit your reminders later.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Change is good my friend. Opens the eyes to a new world of awesomeness.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

But happy wife = happy life. If she wants to stick with an iPhone, let her.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress