Secure folder and notifications being sent to it! Advice please

elle_vee566

Aug 22, 2023
Visit site
Hi
Ill try explain this as best i can and hope someone can offer me some advice.
My phone is a Samsung S20 and for about 18 months when ive looked at my notifications on my phone there is often the little blue secure folder icon next to the notification, so when i click it , it takes me to my sec folder, i input my pin and then nothing....theres no notification there! I
A majority of the notifications with the blue folder icon are regarding my gmail account/s ,google play or to say screenshots /photos have been saved to secure folder.
The really puzzling thing is is that i dont use my secure folder ( other than when i click a notification) yet there are loads of files in it. Most of them wont open on my device and the ones that i can, when i open them there are no items there , even tho it says there is ( ( if that makes sense?) ....ive attached photos to hopefully explain what i mean more clearly.

Also ive been getting notifications from apps that i dont have telling me tjat they now have access to my ssmsung account! Today for example i teceived a notification telling me that Nest can now access my samsung account.......i dont have or have ever had the Nest app.
On top of all that if i try open android auto i get a message saying im not allowed to and i should contract work administrator !
There are about 30 duplicate apps( installed and ststem) in my secure folder , they all have the craziest permissions and i cant change
One last thing aswell....im not sure if its related but my phone is soooooo slow , even with 4g full signal and sonetimes ( only when im at home) it gets so hot i have to pick it up with a tea

I hope somebody can offer me some advice.....i know im not very good at wxplaining things and im not that tech savvy so if you can help me out it will be much appreciated.

Pics are as follows

** secure folder data usage ( that i never use) compated to data usage of apps i use daily

**examples of the permissions most of the apps have in my secure folder

**Example of notifications and the most frequent apps that send notifications to secure folder

**A few of the apps that ive never used or installed in secure folder. Most of them have loads of permissions that i cant change ( greyd out toggle)

For all i know, everything ive said and the pics are all normal phone stuff.....but i can't help thinking that (combined with all the other issues on my phone that ive not gone in to) that it all seems a bit sinister !
Does anything ive said point to the possibility of stalkerware apps maybe (*cough* sorry....family safety apps that allow you to remotely access and monitor everything your child does or says on their phone!!! )

Thanks 😊

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I peeked at some of your photos. Most of those permissions and notifications seem normal to me. Your camera, for instance, does need all those permissions. It needs permission to delete photos, otherwise, you would need to close the camera, and open your photos app to delete a poorly taken photo.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you don't use secure folder then I would suggest clearing its data then force stop it and don't open and all those little blue folder icon should go away just back up anything u need to .

elle_vee566

Aug 22, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. After going thru my phone for hours and googling every app i didnt recognise my head was burnt out and i knew id start thinking all kinds of things were stalkware/family monitor apps so i went to see my mate who usedto work at gremlin as a computer programmer.
Basicslly turns out my ( extremelly abusive) ex is accesssing my phone using my 2 gmail accounts and he cant pinpoint a keylogger but the reason chsnging my passwords hasnt stopped him is that apparantly 2 step verification can be esily bypassed with a bit of comp knowledge!
He also found videos of me sleeping and walking round that my ex had somehow taken . Long story short,
Im getting a new phone in next few days and then taking the evidence i have of him accessing my phone to the police! ( i have ip addresses from his area and accounts hes made for booking.com uber etc with his phone number ( verified with a code) as the contact number
I recently reported him for threats to kill a few months back and made a full statement of the abuse i suffered from 2012 ( inc tryi g to kill me) ....unfortunatly they begrudgingly had to release him without charge as not enough evidence......so im more than certain that they will be more than happy to assist me :)....... karma is a b***h! !

Thanks again for uour replies

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. After going thru my phone for hours and googling every app i didnt recognise my head was burnt out and i knew id start thinking all kinds of things were stalkware/family monitor apps so i went to see my mate who usedto work at gremlin as a computer programmer.
Basicslly turns out my ( extremelly abusive) ex is accesssing my phone using my 2 gmail accounts and he cant pinpoint a keylogger but the reason chsnging my passwords hasnt stopped him is that apparantly 2 step verification can be esily bypassed with a bit of comp knowledge!
He also found videos of me sleeping and walking round that my ex had somehow taken . Long story short,
Im getting a new phone in next few days and then taking the evidence i have of him accessing my phone to the police! ( i have ip addresses from his area and accounts hes made for booking.com uber etc with his phone number ( verified with a code) as the contact number
I recently reported him for threats to kill a few months back and made a full statement of the abuse i suffered from 2012 ( inc tryi g to kill me) ....unfortunatly they begrudgingly had to release him without charge as not enough evidence......so im more than certain that they will be more than happy to assist me :)....... karma is a b***h! !

Thanks again for uour replies
Good Luck with everything 👍

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter