Amicroe TouchTab II. Andriod Noob nightmare...

nymox

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, and thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this tread. Sorry in advance to any mods if I have posted this in the wrong area.

Anyway, lets get into the nitty gritty as to why I am here. Yesterday I was sent a tablet in order to set up for my grandmother who has finally decided to break into the world of today and start using the internet. So the table arrived and I immediately put it onto charge to get stuck into setting up for tweaking for her later. I noticed the battery animation appear, everything seemed normal. A few hours later I went to turn on the device, nothing happened, I unplugged it an immediately it started to power up. It made it to the android animation, and then moved on to an animation for amicroe, it got stuck there and the screen flickered, it made a almost crunching sound before flashing again and turning off, something rather then turning off it remains white.
It starts only say 2 times out of 10 and as soon as it starts, an error appears "unfortunately the program com.google.process.gapps has stopped" usually the screen will flicker, followed by the crunching sound and then it will either flash and get stuck in the white screen, power off, or get stuck in a reboot loop. There has been once when that didn't happen, but when I went to change any settings the message appeared and it crashed again.

As it has been sent to my from my uncle who lives in another area, sending it back to him so he can then send it back to the reseller, who then sends it back to check it if it should be replaced or repaired would take a number of weeks and cost us about half of what the device is worth in shipping, I am wondering if this is a simple software issue with andriod, and if there are any fixes that I can do from home that are relatively simple to get this device working the way that it should be.

I am an android noob as in this is the first android device I have ever used, and I have only ever had a short turn on an ipad so my tablet experience is very limited too.

Just some general advice, anything you feel might be helpful thank you very much

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, with devices from lesser-known or "no-name" brands, there's a much higher chance of bad hardware and/or software. There's also little to no support from the manufacturer, and a fairly small community of users who will be familiar with that device. I'm afraid Doomed Marine is right, not much you can do.

If you want to get your grandmother a decent device, make sure it's from an established manufacturer like Asus, Samsung, Acer, Lenovo, or Amazon. Really cheap no-name devices are very tempting for the price, but there's always this chance of it being $79 paperweight.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
It may be a software issue, especially with the crashing of a core application like gapps. Gapps is basically the Play Store, and this error means it crashed. This would be the equivalent of say Apples App store crashing or on a windows machine System 32 crashing.

However, given the boot up issues, and what seems to be charging issues, you may have a hardware problem as well. In fact, it may be a hardware problem causing the software problems (i.e. the motherboard is damaged and the chipset can't function to basic things)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38