Website functionality issue on multiple browsers, but only on this device

zayter

Mar 1, 2024
Visit site
I am using a Samsung Android phone to purchase products from a website for my business. Normally, every functionality on this website works fine. But for some reason when I go to add a product to the basket, the basket icon now animates like normal. But it stays in that state and never changes no matter how long I wait.

After checking the same website account's basket on my desktop machine, I noticed that the product was correctly added to the basket from my phone, despite the phone's basket animation never finishing.

What is also odd is that when I used to click on the basket icon from my phone before this problem started occurring, a basket dropdown would show. Since this problem started, now when clicking the basket icon from my phone, the basket dropdown appears but it is blank and does not contain the usual contents.

What is also strange is that this same problem occurs only on my phone device, no matter the browser, as I have tested Chrome, Firefox, and Samsung Internet. They all have the same issue.

I have also tried clearing the cache on my phone for this particular website, to no avail.

I have tried to replicate the problem on other Android phones, and the issue does not appear. The same is true for desktop devices, where the site in question functions as normal.

It seems that there may be some kind of issue with my particular Samsung Android phone.

Perhaps it is an Android setting? What could be causing this issue on only one device, and across all browsers?

I am using Android version 13.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Samsung phone do you have?

Odd as it may seem in this age of smartphones, some websites may still not be well-optimized for mobile devices. Try requesting the desktop site and see if the page reformats to look more like it does on a laptop or desktop. In Chrome, you can do this by tapping the 3-dot menu button at the upper right, then scroll down and find the Request Desktop Site checkbox.