Clear Defaults

Smigin

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm a newbie here so please bear with me.

I'm using the Galaxy Note (N7000) and whenever I use a function I now keep getting a pop-up box that asks me which App I want to use to carry out the action.
When I select one it then asks "Always" or "Just Once"... as I know which one I always use and press "Aways" up pops a second box which is titled Clear Defaults
under which it says... " clear default app settings by going to Settings > Application manager > All

but this option doesn't exist, has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it?

any help would be very gratefully received

thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings/Apps/All Apps, and then see if you can tap the menu button--the option to clear defaults will often be there.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
In some cases it changes for instance. If you want t call some one it will ask weather you want to use Skype viber or phone if you have installed Skype and viber to your phone and after that if you delete these apps it will use phone app by default. It works in all apps launchers,music players , video payers etc

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Smigin

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Guy's

I did what you said B. Diddy and went to all (sliding along), pressed the menu and made all default. That didn't seem to cure it but I then went into the various apps and under Viber 'Force stop' and that seems to have cleared the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm still not sure what your original question was. Are you saying that you want to clear all defaults, or do you want it to stop asking you if you want a particular app to be default? I found this thread describing how the Note keeps asking which app you want to use as a default, even after you've already selected one before--sounds like some bug that arose after a recent update:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...68914-problem-clear-default-app-settings.html

Smigin

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's the one
The only way I found round it was to use the Force Stop option in Applications but I'm unsure how perminent this will be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress