Rooting My Samsung Galaxy S3

SASavva25

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I've been experiencing a lot lagging on my phone for a few months and now thinking of rooting! I was thinking of buying a Nexus but the lack of storage kind of put me off completely! So does anyone know how I can root my Galaxy S3 to make it look and feel like an official Nexus phone? Is there a step by step guide or something?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I've been experiencing a lot lagging on my phone for a few months and now thinking of rooting! I was thinking of buying a Nexus but the lack of storage kind of put me off completely! So does anyone know how I can root my Galaxy S3 to make it look and feel like an official Nexus phone? Is there a step by step guide or something?

Yes you can, however, rooting won't really clear up lag by itself. For the S3 installing a non TouchWiz ROM will, or something a little easier, downloading a Launcher from Play, like Nova. Since it takes TouchWiz out of the picture, there is a little bit of a snappier feel to the phone.

Rooting guides are located in the beginning of the carrier threads, or you can search You Tube. Galaxy S3 root has some videos there that are extremely easy to follow, and pretty universal. However, I would suggest to take many notes, and watch videos a few times.

Also, why else do you want to root? This procedure voids your warranty, so it's something to think about.

SASavva25

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
The main reason why I want to root is because I want that natural pure Jelly Bean experience as opposed to using a launcher. I find them to be unnatural and a little fake to be honest. Also Samsung is ever so slow at updating the OS and prefer to update it as soon as it rolls out. I also hate TouchWiz lol. However I am relatively new to all this still and if there is a way to have that experience without rooting then I am open to that too :). What is the best launcher in your opinion for that natural Nexus feel?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The main reason why I want to root is because I want that natural pure Jelly Bean experience as opposed to using a launcher. I find them to be unnatural and a little fake to be honest. Also Samsung is ever so slow at updating the OS and prefer to update it as soon as it rolls out. I also hate TouchWiz lol. However I am relatively new to all this still and if there is a way to have that experience without rooting then I am open to that too :). What is the best launcher in your opinion for that natural Nexus feel?

Even if you flash an AOSP ROM to your device, you will be hampered by your carrier, not Samsung. I am currently running Carbon and it is OK.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

SASavva25

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys for your help. Just downloaded Nova Launcher and it's amazing. However it makes me wonder why I am going through all this trouble to make my phone like a Nexus and I get the same question over and over and that is why can't manufacturers make a phone with great hardware and great software? Sorry guys...I know I shouldn't be saying this (I've been an android user for some time now) but the only answer I can think of to resolve this issue is....iPhone. Anyone feel the same?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys for your help. Just downloaded Nova Launcher and it's amazing. However it makes me wonder why I am going through all this trouble to make my phone like a Nexus and I get the same question over and over and that is why can't manufacturers make a phone with great hardware and great software? Sorry guys...I know I shouldn't be saying this (I've been an android user for some time now) but the only answer I can think of to resolve this issue is....iPhone. Anyone feel the same?

Some things set it apart, say the tracking features of the S4. But, I wish that those things could be deleted if the user is not going to use them.

Sent from a Carbon Galaxy S3.