Handcent sms - threads nolonger visible

Louise500

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have been using handcent sms for two years on my Samsung without problems but this morning all my threads are no longer visible (I have no idea if I pressed something).

Instead I get three screens, first one saying "talk" in the top and "go log in", the next just have the star and the icon for new messages in the top (which seems to be working) - but not my threads, and the last screen has the title "handcent services", log-in or register and different information on handcent services... The messages are not completely gone (I can find them in the delivery report and when I send a new email, the number of send mails is listed)

Now, I don't want any services - or to make an account - I just want my threads back. Can anyone please help?

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you sent or received a text since noticing the threads go missing? Will a thread show up if you send a text right now?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Louise500

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, new texts will show up (as threads on the second page), both if I send or receive. It just seems like all texts where deleted (but was hoping that there would be some way to get them back)...

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had that happen a time or two with a specific contact, not every thread at once. The messages are there, just not shown for some reason. Can't remember if I was able to do anything to bring them visible again, but it did always eventually reappear.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like the threads were deleted. You can check the stock messaging app to see if the messages were saved there. Otherwise there is no way to recover the text messages if a backup was not created. For future reference, apps in the Play Store are available to backup text messages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87