Question SMS dates wrong in handcent, chomp but not messages

mutex77

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
I recently got a new oneplus n200 and I transfered the texts from my old phone by backing them up in swift backup, then restoring them with swift on the new phone.

If I look at my texts with the stock messages app everything is fine. But if I try handcent, chomp or textra the dates are all wrong (everything is the restore date) and some texts are blank.

I tried different ways of transfering the old texts like sms backup & restore but it seemed like I ran into the same thing.

Any ideas as to why and/or how to resolve it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

Using 3rd party messages and transferring between devices i recommend using the stock message app first then switch over to your 3rd party, because by default the transfer assuming your using the stock message platform and things can mess up, so try opening the stock message app and see if everything correct might take 20 to 30 minutes for sync if everything good now switch over to the 3rd party message app u choose.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

mutex77

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
Actually thats how I set it up, but it wasnt intentional.

Originally I had restored it and was using messages to check sms and just left it like that while I was doing something else. I used the phone just with the stock messages app for a few hours and everything seemed OK. I then went to install all the apps (I dont like google to restore apps on a new phone and have it install lots of stuff I never use, so I always install apps manually with a new phone) that I normally use like spotify, cashapp, chomp, my bank app etc.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Actually thats how I set it up, but it wasnt intentional.

Originally I had restored it and was using messages to check sms and just left it like that while I was doing something else. I used the phone just with the stock messages app for a few hours and everything seemed OK. I then went to install all the apps (I dont like google to restore apps on a new phone and have it install lots of stuff I never use, so I always install apps manually with a new phone) that I normally use like spotify, cashapp, chomp, my bank app etc.
Strange
Try clearing those apps data then force stop and switch over to them , see what happens.