Internet cannot be switched on automatically/manually after back from abroad/roaming

Wallenstein

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a very simple, but specific problem. However I believe that it may also puzzle other users:

I have switched off roaming internet (both on the phone and by the provider), since I'm travelling a lot between Austria (my home country) and Germany. That works fine. I helped me to avoid spending a fortune on data roaming.

However my phone does not reconnect to the internet after coming back to my home country. I have not found any resolution besides to restart the phone to get a data connection again. Phone connections work as expected.

This problem get's more and more annoying, because there are more and more interesting internet services for driving, e.g. looking for the cheapest gas station via internet.

I have googled a lot, but did neither find a specific description not a solution for this problem.
I have the feeling that the problem is rooting in a bug in Android.

My Phone Details:

Phone: Samsung Note
Android Version: 4.1.2 (but the problem existed already in 4.0.x and in the original delivered OS 3.x)
Telecom Provider: Telering (Austria)
Data Roaming disabled both on Phone and in the user settings by the provider

I experienced the problem mainly by traveling to Germany, but I believe the problem also exists coming back from Italy and other country.

Has anybody experienced the same problem?

Is there a better solution than restarting the phone?

Thank you for your kind help

Wallenstein

Wallenstein

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38