Phone is unusable. Need help ASAP.

Pabben

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
So it all started a while ago when I turned off my phone. When I turned it back on, my Micro SD Card was suddenly reformatted. I don?t know why the heck that happened but everything on the SD Card was gone. Another thing that happened was I was unable to open any downloaded app. I was only able to open stock apps. Whenever I open a downloaded app, it would say ?Unfortunately, [APP] has stopped.? I thought a factory reset would fix all of this so I did just that.

I went into recovery mode and did Wipe data/Factory reset and Wipe cache partition. To my surprise, the ?Unfortunately, [APP] has stopped.? still occurred after downloading a single app. I thought it happened just for that app so I downloaded more apps but the error happened to all of them. I have done factory reset on my phone THREE TIMES but still no downloaded app seems to work although stock apps are fine. I have also tried clearing the data of the apps and even all the running apps on the phone but still the error appears. Please help me. My phone is almost like a brick to me now. Only the boring stock apps are working. I heard that replacing the Rom with a fresh new one can "possibly" fix it but I don?t exactly know how to do that or what a Rom is even.

Additional Info:
Version: 4.0.4
Phone: Myphone A888 Duo (Philippine local brand)
Had it for some months now. This is the first ever problem that I had with it. :(

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't sound too good. One last thing you might want to try is taking out the battery completely, wait for an hour for all residual current to drain, reload the battery and try again. If it does not work you may still have a battery problem, so try someone else's battery if you know someone with the same brand and model of phone. If that doesn't fix it, you may have a defective phone and could be out of luck.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Reformat the sdcard and see if that fixes the problem. Often apps will save pieces of data on the sdcard and the sdcard could be sending errors when the app calls for that data. It's usually small, user specific data that is saved here, so reformatting the sdcard might help.

Reformat to FAT32 and see what results. Another question, did the phone come pre-loaded with Google Play?

Pabben

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
^Yes it came pre-loaded with Google Play. I am not using any sd card right now since I thought it would fix the problem.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
^Yes it came pre-loaded with Google Play. I am not using any sd card right now since I thought it would fix the problem.

Chances are that the phone has an internal sd card? If so, consider reformatting that then factory reset and wipe cache. If you format the internal sd card it will delete everything, so backup anything important, such as photos, files, etc.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38