Droid Razr M not tethering with tablet

mmeyerssr

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got 2 motorola Razr M phones. Both my wife and I have android tablets running ICS but different brands..Neither tablet can get to the internet with the Razr M hotspot. They connect to the phone and the phone reports them as connected. But I can't browse the internet. These are not mainstream tablets but they're good ones. They worked with my Droid X and the short time I had a Windows phone 8 they worked fine as well. I've not had any trouble until now. How can 2 droids not talk? I can solve the issue by using windows hosted network and connectifyme. Both tablets will connect to connectify me and get on the net through the phone that way. I'd just like to solve this issue rather than do a work around. Carrying a laptop just to route ICS is not very practical. Anybody have any ideas? I've tried everything including third party apps to no avail. Foxfi sucks so bad I had to do a factory reset to get rid of the lock screen password it creates now AND pdanet is now bundled with Foxfi so I can't even try USB tethering. I did try some USB tethering apps I found on Google Play but none of them worked. Both tablets are rooted. So is there a way to replace the network software? Is there a way to upgrade to Jelly Bean? Anything.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got 2 motorola Razr M phones. Both my wife and I have android tablets running ICS but different brands..Neither tablet can get to the internet with the Razr M hotspot. They connect to the phone and the phone reports them as connected. But I can't browse the internet. These are not mainstream tablets but they're good ones. They worked with my Droid X and the short time I had a Windows phone 8 they worked fine as well. I've not had any trouble until now. How can 2 droids not talk? I can solve the issue by using windows hosted network and connectifyme. Both tablets will connect to connectify me and get on the net through the phone that way. I'd just like to solve this issue rather than do a work around. Carrying a laptop just to route ICS is not very practical. Anybody have any ideas? I've tried everything including third party apps to no avail. Foxfi sucks so bad I had to do a factory reset to get rid of the lock screen password it creates now AND pdanet is now bundled with Foxfi so I can't even try USB tethering. I did try some USB tethering apps I found on Google Play but none of them worked. Both tablets are rooted. So is there a way to replace the network software? Is there a way to upgrade to Jelly Bean? Anything.
Have these tablets ever had a connection with your Razr M's? Can you connect any other devices to your Razr M hotspot? Also, I'm assuming you are using the Hotspot feature provided by Verizon?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non