- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Rooted ATT S4 should I disable updates from ATT?
Ok total noob here, sorry.
First android device, ATT S4, SGH-I337. I rooted it, then removed lots of bloatware. Tonight I saw it appeared to be getting an update, and was afraid of losing my root access. So on this forum I found a post to use Titanium Backup to freeze a few things.
1. AT&T Software update Vxx_x_xxxx_x_x
2. FWUpgrade x.x.x
3. LocalFOTA vx_xxxx_x_x
I did not seem to have #2, but I froze the other two. Questions:
1) do I need to do this to keep my root?
2) is disabling these things a very bad idea?
- 10-11-2013, 07:21 PM #2
- 10-11-2013, 08:20 PM #3
Re: Rooted ATT S4 should I disable updates from ATT?
By disabling updates you save yourself the trouble of having to root the phone again if the update disables root. But it also prevents you from getting fixes. It also prevents you from getting "breaks" - updates that break something that works. I usually disable automatic updates and do a manual update once I see enough comments to tell me that the update didn't break anything I consider important.
- By myIphone4s in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 17Last Post: 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
- By JELKA CROUCHER in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 08-26-2013, 12:48 PM
- By pooger in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 08-16-2013, 03:18 AM
- By caverman in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 08-15-2013, 02:15 PM
- By james1199 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 08-14-2013, 09:57 PM