Goodbye forever Samsung...switched to a Pixel 4!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If you had no choice but to get an Exynos version like me, all that would change. The battery life is a joke
Yeah I've heard that the exynos versions aren't great which sucks. IDK why they just don't use the snapdragon SoC globally but I imagine it's a cost thing. I run my S20 at 120Hz, extra brightness, high performance for the processor and still get all day battery.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
First off, it's amazing to just be able to turn on a phone and *use* it, there was nothing to disable! and because it had a Snapdragon 855, it felt buttery smooth, way smoother than my S20+ with the Exynos SoC even when that was with a 120 hz screen and the Pixel 4 with a 90 hz screen.

Finally, the battery life, I knew I was not gonna get decent battery life after watching the reviews but

I am blown away by this phone and never thought the Pure Android experience is so good.

I agree with you about several things you pointed out, especially the Pixel experience and the 90hZ screen–and the Samsung ads! Pixels feel "light" and fun to use. "Light" in that, as you said, things just work, and without the need to lock out or lock down the phone, and are just really fun to use, IMHO. I find the 90hZ Pixel 4 XL screen to be smoother than the 120hZ screen on my Note 20U.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to Pixel! Oh and you should check for an Android 11 update. I just downloaded it about 30 minutes ago.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
1) It is not available locally so I'd have to import one which would cost more than the already staggering price of the current Samsung Galaxy S20 phones.
2) You would have no warranty here as Samsung Dubai will not touch anything not sold here locally, they would tell me to send the phone to the US
3) Samsung Pay doesn't work for the Snapdragon variant in Dubai
4) It still has Samsung ads everywhere like the Galaxy Store and whatnot.
5) I am not going to support a company like Samsung ever again, not with a single penny. They did so many customers wrong with this discrimination of Exynos vs Snapdragon

After you use a Pixel and see how the Pure Android is, you will NEVER use a Samsung.

You gonna be making Pixel ads soon? :D