s4 thinks earphones are connected when they're not!

Sarah Cruz

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Please help! My new Samsung s4 thinks that the earphones are connected and will not allow me to hear my incoming calls etc as if they were really connected. Cannot find where to tell the phone that it is actually mistaken and the earphones are not connected. Could this be that the port is damaged?

Apex43

May 30, 2013
Visit site
backup everything and try a factory reset (You never know it could fix it) If that does not fix the problem don't send it to Samsung but try to get a replacement from where you got it. Going through Samsung will mean you will have to wait about a month to get it back and most of the time they don't fix it the first time

bhbinc

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Similar w/my S4. Phones shows headphones connected, but only plays through built-in speaker. ALSO, bluetooth not working. Phone is paired and connected, but phone call only through handset. Restart helps only sometimes, then reverts back to non functional behavior. Will try to exchange@dealer

moviex

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
My S4 has now started doing the same thing, yet I am struggling to find an answer other than Factory Reboot!
Surely this can't be right? A problem occurs and you have to reset your phone!? Why is it happening at all? Why aren't Samsung addressing this point?
Anyone got a better solution? I am not happy resetting, I think Kies is awful and they have a long way to go to catch up to the itunes platform.