Droid Bionic Help Please.....wont factory reset and keeps turning itself off and on ...

Ratwagen

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Good evening folks, I have a completely stock Droid Bionic yesterday it was in my pocket while I was working in my garage, and I noticed it kept turning itself off and on. So like someone who knows nothing about this type of thing I pulled the battery out and sat the phone down so it wouldn't drive me crazy. When I went in later and plugged it to charge thinking its battery had died and was having issues I noticed it wouldn't stay on and I had no service at all. So I Called Verizon to get some wonderful help from which they decided to tell me to do a factory restore so she walked me thru the steps and it makes it to where you choose English or Spanish says please wait then turns itself off and starts over again....from here the pleasant lady told me my phone was trash and I needed a new one. So I thought I would see if anyone has any ideas on how to save my phone...thanks a lot and have a great day

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
HI and welcome to Android Central. It does sound like you do indeed need either a new battery or phone. Did you have insurance?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
A new battery would be the cheapest fix to try. If it continues after a new replacement battery is inserted then you'll need to replace the phone as suggested.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app