Internal Storage Full!?

elfin8er

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I can't figure out why my Android's internal storage is full. I don't think I have anything on there except for the 18 stock apps I have (including apps like titanium backup, and Link2SD that came with my ROM). I've gotten rid of all the bloatware on the phone, deleted most of my cache, and moved all of my downloaded apps to the SD card. I've even gone as far as to replace the web browser with Opera mini (and put it on the SD card), and prevented the device from installing a 10 MB update for the google play store. Even though the phone only has 14 MB (138/152 MB), I would think that would be more than enough to receive text messages. The phone doesn't even want me to do that.

I do have a few thoughts as to what could be causing this problem. First off, even after I've deleted an app via titanium backup, the app still appears in titanium backup with a line through it. This leads me to believe that the app still has data left on the phone. Second, I'm thinking Link2SD isn't actually moving all of the app to the SD card. In that case, I guess I don't have any choice but to remove all of my extra apps.

I actually have one solution that may or may not work. If I could somehow make the device treat my extra (32 GB) SD card into thinking it's the phone's external storage, then I wouldn't have to worry about overloading it at all. Would this work flawlessly?

Here's some extra information that may or may not be helpful.

Device Model: SGH-T589 - Samsung Gravity Smart
Android Version: 2.2.2
ROM: <ROM> Samsung Gravity Smart T589 <10/26/11> - xda-developers

elfin8er

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to, but it's not something I can afford. I had the Optimus T, but it decided it wanted to break from my sweat while I was jogging.

jamesish

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you still think apps have data then go to each app individually and delete cache and data. I mean your phone just may have reached the end of its life. :/

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

elfin8er

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I've already done that. I'm thinking if there is data on it, it's hidden. I just wiped out the entire phone a few days ago, so I'd hate to do it again. I don't get how there's not enough memory to even receive texts or anything.

jamesish

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Happened on my wife's phone too. In your application list it tells you the top 5 apps. What are they?

Also check that email cache again. That crap can be hundreds of MB.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

elfin8er

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Top apps as-in the ones taking up the most amount of space? They're all apps that are supposedly on my SD card. I deleted the email client, so I have no emails. I only had around 80 texts, but I deleted them anyway. Still having the problem. I don't get why I just deleted nearly 80 texts, yet I still can't receive anymore texts. Seems really stupid. I have 14 MB's of storage still available...

elfin8er

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It shouldn't be too low to just receive texts, should it? I've deleted all the apps I could. I have none of my apps on the external storage. Are parts of some of the apps that are supposedly on the SD card not really all the way on there or something?

Edit: Yep, I was correct. After removing two apps that were supposedly on the external storage, I had enough storage available to finally send/receive texts.

Joshua Constantine

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I think I know a possible solution. I actually had this problem yesterday. After I scoured the internet I kept reading that the phone was junk or a low end model. Bull... I have a note 2. So after searching through my phone I found in my settings/application manager/ media storage was using up over 9 gigs of storage!!!!!! I know the media storage is used for things such as ringtones and the factory media player (which I don't use since for some reason it can't find the music on my ext sd card). What I did was cleared the data, then restart my phone. Problem solved. I restarted my phone because after I cleared the data my phone couldn't access my ringtones and alarms. After restarting it, All was recognized again and I had normal operation. I'm not sure what caused this to happen or why it happened. I'm sure it will happen again in the future, but it has been over 24 hours and my phone is still operating normally.

Curtis Lynch

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
i turned off my tablet....turned it back on the next morning and everything was gone..like a factory reset. no space in internal storage so i cant download anything to clean it up. i see alot about "rooted" but nothing i've read applies to me. not rooted. had at least 200mb internal storage. freezes up when i shutdown. just dont know what to do besides throw the damn thing away. can anyone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
i turned off my tablet....turned it back on the next morning and everything was gone..like a factory reset. no space in internal storage so i cant download anything to clean it up. i see alot about "rooted" but nothing i've read applies to me. not rooted. had at least 200mb internal storage. freezes up when i shutdown. just dont know what to do besides throw the damn thing away. can anyone help?

Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us more details about your tablet--brand, model number, Android version? It'd also be good to see a screenshot of your Settings>Storage​ menu.

Curtis Lynch

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
model number EM63.....android version 4.1.1
internal storage total space = 0.00B

sorry, doesn't say internal storage is full just total space 0.00b

Double Power 7" Tablet

1.5GHz Dual-Core processor
8GB of storage memory
1024 x 600 resolution
Google Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) OS

got it from walmart.com. just wanted to skype and play poker mostly.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if there's much you can do. Are you able to do a factory data reset from the Settings menu? If not, try pressing the pinhole Reset button on the back (with a paper clip), and hold it down for about 10 seconds.

This is the huge downside of these supercheap budget tablets--unreliable hardware & software, and little-to-no support.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the total internal storage space is 0, it could mean that the memory went bad. That would mean a new motherboard, which would probably cost more than a new tablet.

kacassetty

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever get this fixed? My son has the same exact tablet & this just happened to us. Turned it on one day & everything was reset to factory settings. Tried to reinstall apps- won't download- said internal storage was full. Says total space is 0.00B

Kazi Islam 98

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
My phone also shows that it only has 1 MB out of 1.27 GB of data left in the internal storage, also shown on the bar when going to Settings->Storage->Internal Storage (heading)->Apps, but I deleted plenty of apps and deleted A LOT of precious photos to make space and shows that there is little more than one-fourth of data left in the Internal Storage shown on the bar on Settings->Storage->Internal Storage (heading), which also shows that the Int. Storage is full of only App data. I need to understand how to clear up the data for real, because I can't even check my e-mail or go to Facebook on this thing anymore. :'(

Model: BLU DASH 5.0
Android Version 4.4.2