Help with Helium

StarStrider

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Prior to doing a factory reset on my phone, I used Helium to back up all my app data. Now that my phone is reset, I reinstalled helium, and went to restore, but it keeps saying my backup file is invalid. I did the back up through my computer using the Helium server, and I'm trying to restore the same way (by dragging the file into the restore box). I've tried Chrome and Firefox, no luck. I searched around and it seems no one else is having issues backing up this way, any suggestions on how to save my data?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Prior to doing a factory reset on my phone, I used Helium to back up all my app data. Now that my phone is reset, I reinstalled helium, and went to restore, but it keeps saying my backup file is invalid. I did the back up through my computer using the Helium server, and I'm trying to restore the same way (by dragging the file into the restore box). I've tried Chrome and Firefox, no luck. I searched around and it seems no one else is having issues backing up this way, any suggestions on how to save my data?

I haven't had to use Helium. But guessing here, have you tried installing the backup through your phone, with just the app? Did you rename the file?

StarStrider

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had to use Helium. But guessing here, have you tried installing the backup through your phone, with just the app? Did you rename the file?

I have tried that, but it saves the files differently when you do a local backup than it does when you do a PC backup, so it wouldn't recognize the files. Also no I didn't rename it

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have tried that, but it saves the files differently when you do a local backup than it does when you do a PC backup, so it wouldn't recognize the files. Also no I didn't rename it

OK. Seems weird that the file is not invalid. I think ClockworkMod made helium. Have you contacted them?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

StarStrider

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes I contacted them and they have been replying, but so far no conclusions have been made. I think my backup might just be corrupt somehow.