How do I edit my "Share" options

BetaRoc

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
There are just too many options popping up when I would like to share a picture. Currently my phone shows:

Picasa
AllShare
Messaging
Facebook
Handcent SMS
Bump
Photobucket
Gmail
Bluetooth
Email
Y! Mail
Online Locker

Can I edit this list to show what I want? (without having to uninstall any programs)

Thanks for any help given.

EVOlved Geek

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Had not really thought of wanting to do what your asking before, so I did some hunting around. Unfortunately, I struck out on coming up with a way to do it without uninstalling the apps that you don't want to show up.

The way that list works is that when an app installs that wants to be a part of the list, it essentially "registers" itself with the Android OS to make itself available for sharing. I can't come up with any way within the normal Android GUI to edit those registrations. I poked around in the underlying OS for a while to see if I could find a config file of some sort that could be edited (assuming you have root), but didn't find anything. It might be worth posting this type of thing over at xda-developers forum to see if one of the hackers over there can figure something out.

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking for this solution too, any luck ? I know i can root the phone to stop the apps from running, but it will still have the send to's

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc