1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cognition 4.5.3

Question How do I edit my "Share" options

There are just too many options popping up when I would like to share a picture. Currently my phone shows:

Picasa
    AllShare
    Messaging
    Facebook
    Handcent SMS
    Bump
    Photobucket
    Gmail
    Bluetooth
    Email
    Y! Mail
    Online Locker

Can I edit this list to show what I want? (without having to uninstall any programs)

Thanks for any help given.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cognition 4.5.3

Anyone?

Had not really thought of wanting to do what your asking before, so I did some hunting around. Unfortunately, I struck out on coming up with a way to do it without uninstalling the apps that you don't want to show up.

The way that list works is that when an app installs that wants to be a part of the list, it essentially "registers" itself with the Android OS to make itself available for sharing. I can't come up with any way within the normal Android GUI to edit those registrations. I poked around in the underlying OS for a while to see if I could find a config file of some sort that could be edited (assuming you have root), but didn't find anything. It might be worth posting this type of thing over at forum to see if one of the hackers over there can figure something out.
    EVOlved Geek
    www.robotbriefs.com
    Android News, Gadgets, Info, Tasker Profiles
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cognition 4.5.3

Thanks for the time spent and interest in helping me find a solution.

Much appreciated!

I have been looking for this solution too, any luck ? I know i can root the phone to stop the apps from running, but it will still have the send to's