How do i paur my phone to a car that my wife and i share and i work from home?

dorlow

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so because of the wfh revolution, I work from home now and I'm using Bluetooth headsets all day on calls. I had my phone paired with the car we share so I could listen to music. But the problem I have is if my phone is paired with the car and I'm on a call using a Bluetooth headset in the house and then my wife starts up the car, whatever call I was on immediately switches to the car once it connects.

The only way I can think to pair my phone is Everytime I turn off the car, I have to unpair the phone. Then when I use it again, I need to pair it. I can't pair it driving. It won't allow me. So, if I'm driving down the road and want to listen to my phone music, I need to pull over and put it in park to pair it. Extremely annoying. So annoying I'm just not pairing my phone to the car and paying for Sirius XM in the car.... But it's stupid that I can't pair my phone to the car and just play streaming music ... Seems like there would be a way to pair the phone to the car but tell it to not connect unless I manually connect it.... Don't have to re-pair it.... Just manually connect it. But I can't find a way to do that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmm little tricky because you still have the Bluetooth on while she's in the car , you must be very close lol , I would just turn your Bluetooth off until she leaves.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In the Bluetooth menu it should show paired device.

Go to the one for car and unpair or toggle media and phone ?

I'll show screenshotScreenshot_20210803-225421_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210803-225433_Settings.jpg

stevenjb2020

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
Maybe -- if the phone has a headphone jack and the car has AUX connector -- wire it up and unpair the car connection. I use AUX in my car -- music, voice nav simultaneously