Some apps not working when phones on 2g internet and not on wifi.

asen_y2k

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
Some apps like location tracking apps on my sons phone does not work all the time when his phones on 2g internet. But on wifi it seems to work all the time.
Apps like life360 location tracking apps, remote control apps like androidlost, which uses push messages and also polling services works intermittently. Sometimes it works on 2g internet and sometimes it does not. But on wifi, theres no problem at all.
But strangely messaging apps like viber works continously on 2g or wifi without any problems.
What could I do to fix this?
Thanks a lot everyone!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What part of the tracking app isn't working? If it's the tracking part then that could be related to a poor gps signal. Since you have 2g coverage I'd think the gps signal is poor. It may also be data intensive, so a strong connection may also be required.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Both Life360 and AndroidLost seem like good companies to work with. Email both and explain the situation, letting them know that you'll supply any additional information they might need (like an app to indicate actual signal strength of the 2G signal - there are some good free ones, and they'll tell you which to use if they want that information). If I were writing an app like that, I surely wouldn't want it failing just because the signal was a bit weak.

I haven't worked with Life360, but AndroidLost works better than advertised. It located the phone I had deactivated over a week earlier. (Of course all I got was the last time the phone had been on, but still - an unactivated phone?)

I'd try them. After all, how much does it cost to send an email?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45