S22 Ultra Apps using location not working on WiFi after OneUI 5.1 update (however works fine on mobile data)

silbun

Apr 12, 2023
Visit site
Ever since the One UI 5.1 update, I'm unable to use apps that require location, where it opens the app to main page, but just hangs on loading the app details (e.g. weather apps, chat apps, etc.).... i've attached an example of what happens (just stays looking like it's still loading forever).

Only switching to mobile data allows the apps to work. Tried various things to resolve but it occurs on different SSIDs, both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz, after app cache clears, forgetting networks and re-adding, and after rebooting. Apps using location work just fine on mobile data however.

Anyone else have this issue or know of what might be the cause here? Not sure what else to try to fix this and as this does not seem to be a well-known/discussed problem elsewhere.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• location.png
    location.png
    532.4 KB · Views: 15

silbun

Apr 12, 2023
Visit site
If you mean resetting network in settings on phone, i've done the "forget network" and re-add, which i assume accomplishes that. Not seeing option to reset network in settings otherwise tho

silbun

Apr 12, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, so looks like that helped a bit briefly. First time reopening the apps after resetting worked, but subsequent use of apps did not. So i reset my router as well and that seems to maybe have resolved it (thus far at least)! Will report back if anything changes, but I appreciate the help!

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, so looks like that helped a bit briefly. First time reopening the apps after resetting worked, but subsequent use of apps did not. So i reset my router as well and that seems to maybe have resolved it (thus far at least)! Will report back if anything changes, but I appreciate the help!
Ok hopefully that is it , your welcome !

Reactions: silbun