Need help finding an email app to do custom reply like desktop app.

shaselai

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Right now my desktop email (outlook) does the following:
I have a main email called foo@real1.com and that email address gets forwarded to gmail account foo@gmail.com. When I setup the outlook account i was able to change the reply email sender to foo@real1.com instead of foo@gmail.com so all my email are sent "from" foo@real1.com but all replies gets forwarded to foo@gmail.com. I am doing this because the foo@real1.com is more "professional" than the gmail.

Now I tried to do the same for my android stock email and gmail but didn't find any options to do so... I tried change the name to foo@real1.com but the sender is still foo@gmail.com... so is there an app that can do what I want or there's some setting i overlooked?

Thanks!

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe K9 Mail will allow you to do what you want, but, for $50/yr. you can have a Google Apps account to be your domain's MX. Then you wouldn't need an app that allows you to lie about where you're sending email from.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't looked into this in detail, but I think you can set that up in Gmail on a computer browser. Then those preferences should carry over to the Gmail app.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Looked a little more, and I think you should be able to do that. Go to Gmail on your computer browser, click on gear button at the upper right, then Settings. The select Accounts. That gives you options on which account to respond with, if you have multiple accounts forwarding to Gmail.

shaselai

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
My situation is this - I have a "professional email" that I want to use and it forwards all email to my gmail account:
Example:
I give Foo@professional.com to others, they email that address and my shaselai@gmail.com gets the emails. I have configured the gmail to use Foo@professional.com as the sender and reply for all emails originating from that professional account. I also setup new outlook account to look at my gmail and also set the reply to addres to Foo@professional.com. I ran 4 scenarios and here's what I noticed:

1. Send email from Gmail from PC to yahoo gets the Foo@professional.com throughout. GOOD

2. Send email from Gmail on android phone to yahoo gets the Foo@professional.com throughout. GOOD.

3. Send email from outlook from PC to yahoo - the sender is shaselai@gmail.com but when replying to the sender it is the foo@professional.com account....

4. send from android regular stock email - the sender and the email address when replying are both shaselai@gmail.com...

So is there any way to fix 3 & 4 so that everything will look "professional"? I suppose it is not incredibly annoying to switch to Gmail on the android but on the PC i still prefer the usability of outlook though... I also thought about creating a new gmail account like First.LastX@gmail.com as well...

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoa. I don't have the definite answer for you. Try searching Outlook help to see if you can easily change the outgoing email address. I don't use the default Email app either (I only use the Gmail app), so I can't comment on #4 either. Good luck!