Deleting Threads

acgarcia

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey -

I've been having some trouble deleting one of my threads on my G1. It has a pretty big amount of texts and I'm thinking maybe that is the reason why I've been having trouble.

I tried reseting my phone numerous times, as well as, taking out the battery. All it says is 'Force Close' and the thread it STILL there. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

It's making sending texts slow..

:confused:

prncss_wtsn

May 23, 2009
Visit site
ChompSMS helped me delete my long threads

Hi -
I had that same deleting issue and it was getting increasingly frustrating for me. I had one thread with 2000+ messages that just wouldn't delete and made sending new texts slow.

Anyway, I took a shot in the dark and decided to use ChompSMS to delete the texts instead of the default Messaging app, and it worked for me. The program seemed to shut down the first time I tried to delete the long text, but the second time around ,it got rid of it. I can't say for sure how long it took to delete because I just let the phone sit and do it's thing. I would say it took about a 1/2 to hour to delete the 2000+ thread, and around 15-20min to delete one that was 700+.

Hope it helps for others as well, because I couldn't find any help besides doing a factory reset.